Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Legacy of an adopted child...

Hi Nancy & Cindy!!! It was so good to talk to the both of you last night! Thanks again for calling! Don't forget to E mail me soon!

Okay...back to "regular" programming :o) My friend Carolyn sent this poem to me the other day. I don't know who the author is. If you happen to know the author, please let me know so I can give them credit. Thanks!

LEGACY OF AN ADOPTED CHILD
Once there were two women
Who never knew each other.
One you don't remember
The other you will call Mother.

The first gave you life
The second taught you how to live it.
The one gave you a need for love
The other helped you to learn your limits.

The first gave you emotions
The second calmed your fears.
One saw first your smile
The other dried your tears.

The first gave you away
It was all she could do
The second prayed for a child
And God led her to you.

Heredity or Environment
Which are you the product of?
Neither, my darling, neither
Just two different kinds of love.

6 comments:

CG said...

This poem is all over the internet, but I did not see an author's name anywhere. Thanks for sharing!

Salzwedel Family said...

You are not supposed to make me cry so early in the day! :o)

Thanks for sharing...

Kathy Eden said...

Sorry Stepanie! :o)

Kathy Eden said...

oops...I meant Stephanie...not "Stepanie"

Brandy and Troy said...

WOW..that is beautiful!!

Tanya said...

I really like that poem! Thanks for sharing, Kathy!