Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The first one...


















When we arrived at the orphanage Saturday most of the kids whose parents were on this trip were waiting outside for us. The first one I saw was Samara & she was immediately handed to me. I thought this was appropriate since she was the first one that God chose to reveal to us to adopt from the orphanage. Of course I don't have pictures of those moments because I was holding her & sobbing uncontrollably. Randy was holding Shakira or Caleb...I can't remember which one. All I know is that all the waiting to finally hold Samara in my arms was over & I just cried like a big baby. She just looked at me first. She was probably thinking..."What in the world is wrong with her?" but it didn't take long for her to become almost permanently attached to my hip. She bonded with me very quickly...Randy not so much...but after a couple of days she warmed up to him & was letting him hold her & she was calling him "Papa." I can't wait for the day that she is home & is running around the house & calling out "Mama & Papa." She is beautiful & sharp as a tack. I have nick named her "Phoebe JR" because they are a lot a like.

15 comments:

Kristina said...

With all the parents on that trip I bet it was mass caos!!!

I loved hearing about it and I'm glad Samara finally got to meet you too!

Now tell us about Shakira and Caleb!

Elisabeth said...

It was caos, Kristina! I played it safe & watched from the sidelines with Junior for a while!

You could see the love & want in Samara's eyes for Kathy! I am glad you had a good trip!

Kathy Eden said...

Chaos...that's a good word for it!
You're so funny...I can't tell you everything at one time or I won't have anything to say between now & my next trip :o)
It was so good to meet you Lizzie! Our family got to move into your room after you left. It really helped us bond as a family.
I bet it was interesting just watching it all. I would have liked to see video footage of it all.

Hope and Rob said...

Praise God for this awesome moment for you!!!! And how awesome that we both have a Caleb. For a minute I was thinking... hmmm that's cool that he was holding Caleb... how nice.... then I was like OH YEEEAAAAH they have a Caleb too!! Love the name!!! It has such great meaning!!!! Congrats on your uniting!!!!!

Sarah and Tim said...

How wonderful!!! I cannot wait to share that same experience with Daniel. I am so happy that you made it there and back safely. I can't wait to see more pictures!!! Love, Sarah

Beth said...

What a precious picture! Can't wait to see more. I'm so glad you had a safe trip and were able to spend time bonding with your sweet children! :o)

Angela said...

That is awesome how fast she bonded with you. What a blessing! I too can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Elisabeth said...

It was nice meeting you too, Kathy! :)

Kathy Eden said...

Hope-I spent a lot of time walking with Isabel attached to my leg. She is good buddies with Samara so she stayed pretty close to us. She's adorable! I agree...Caleb is a great name!
Sarah-You have such a precious baby boy! The pictures that are hanging on his crib are great. I spent some time holding him & telling him how much his mama & papa love him.
Thanks Beth!
Angela...speaking of bonding...how's things going with Madelyn? I can't wait to hold her!
Every time I mentioned your name to Belle & Steven they would light up like Christmas trees! Belle was a little confused by her hair treatment at first but then she understood. She thought you wanted me to cut her hair...I'm like "Oh, No...no cutting...just conditioning." So I got to give her a shower & then condition her hair. Then all the girls wanted their hair done. I think the Nannies thought I was crazy.

Brandy and Troy said...

I have pictures of you and Randy meeting the kids for the first time. Troy and I were watching and I said "give me that camera, I need to catch this moment for them!!" It was so awesome to expereince that with you! I was crying a lot too. I definately will pass them along!!!!!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks Brandy! I would love to see them! If you don't have my regular E mail address you can send me an E mail to chattykathy1986@yahoo.com I will give you my "regular" E mail address & then you can E mail the pictures to it.

Kathy Cassel said...

How sweet. She sounds like a real doll.

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks Kathy! She's a sweetheart but very independent!

angela said...

i have seen her come out even more since spending a week with you guys! she's a doll! i love my ti poul!!

Kathy Eden said...

I'm glad to hear that You-You. I was really concerned about how she would do after we left. I know it's hard at her age to understand "the process" but I pray that she knows we love her very much & will bring her home as soon as we can.