You're probably wondering what in the world Tom Petty has to do with my life. We aren't related...I have never met him...haven't even been to one of his concerts although I would have liked to "back in the day." I don't listen to much secular music anymore but I still have my favorites & Tom Petty has always been one of them.
I liked him & his music for several reasons. I liked his clothes because he always wore whatever he wanted to...not what some one told him he should wear. I liked his outfits because they were different without being "out there." I really liked his hat collection...I wonder if he still has all those hats???
Although he may not have the best singing voice in the world...I like it. I think that sometimes a person's heart & love for music can over shadow the fact that they don't have the best singing voice...notice I said "sometimes" :o)
He wrote many of his songs & I connected to the words of many of them. Several of them could be used as anthems for my life such as "I Won't Back Down", "Runnin' Down A Dream," "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," & "The Waiting." I use to think "I Won't Back Down" was my theme song...and it was to a certain degree but as I continue to be refined by God's Holy Spirit...it isn't anymore. I do however, think that Phoebe has picked it up as her theme song...Lord help me! :o) Right now I am definetely in another period of "The Waiting...is the hardest part." I keep telling God that I have this waiting down because I've done it so much...that I really don't need to do it anymore...but He's not buying it :o) So until then...I'll continue to wait...it's better than "Free Fallin' :o)
6 comments:
Tom Petty is good!
I keep trying to tell Him that we've learned about waiting and patience already too! He's not buying it from us either :)
I love Tom Petty. Good use of song titles... :)
Abbie...I guess we have more to learn than we think :o)
Thanks Carsen!
Hey, we both mentioned Tom Petty on our blogs this week! We must be kindred spirits. Haven't thought about "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" in a long time. I love that song! God is not listening to me say that we've been waiting plenty long either. Looks like it's going to be a full 7 years of waiting before we ever have a family. :(
The number 7...the number of completion...could be. For us it was 7 x 2 just to get started...so I would go for the 7 :o)
Post a Comment