What's that old saying about a day late & a dollar short? Well, I'm a day late & probably more than a dollar short but that's okay! I know some of you would like to hear about my trip. First I want to just say, "Thank you Lord for protecting me while I was driving by myself to & from Gatlinburg!" God spared me from being thrown over a mountain cliff by a semi truck with just an inch or two to spare. As far as the conference goes it was good. Candace Cameron (Kurt Cameron's sister) who played on Full House was the guest speaker Friday night. The worship leader was Charles Billingsley & he was awesome! Michael W. Smith was the concert guest on Saturday night & he was wonderful. I had a great time with my friend Joye & was also able to meet up with Lisa another NC friend. From left to right in the picture is me, Joye, & Lisa. As great as the whole weekend was I think the best part was having 12 hours of alone time with Jesus in the van. It was much needed & I am very appreciative of it. He spoke to me about a lot of things & I was able to give him the 1 on 1 attention that he always deserves from me but doesn't always get.
Edenbound is a place where family & friends can come & read about the happenings in our lives. "Doing something hard with God is easier than doing something easy without God." Kathy :o)
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
A DAY LATE...
What's that old saying about a day late & a dollar short? Well, I'm a day late & probably more than a dollar short but that's okay! I know some of you would like to hear about my trip. First I want to just say, "Thank you Lord for protecting me while I was driving by myself to & from Gatlinburg!" God spared me from being thrown over a mountain cliff by a semi truck with just an inch or two to spare. As far as the conference goes it was good. Candace Cameron (Kurt Cameron's sister) who played on Full House was the guest speaker Friday night. The worship leader was Charles Billingsley & he was awesome! Michael W. Smith was the concert guest on Saturday night & he was wonderful. I had a great time with my friend Joye & was also able to meet up with Lisa another NC friend. From left to right in the picture is me, Joye, & Lisa. As great as the whole weekend was I think the best part was having 12 hours of alone time with Jesus in the van. It was much needed & I am very appreciative of it. He spoke to me about a lot of things & I was able to give him the 1 on 1 attention that he always deserves from me but doesn't always get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad God protected you and that you had some wonderful alone time with Him. I bet Gatlinburg is beautiful this time of year.
It sounds like a great trip! And praise God for protecting you.
Thanks Angela & Michelle! Gatlinburg is beautiful this time of year as well as in the fall too. Of course I can shop any time of the year :o) I forgot to mention that we went shopping too but that's a "given" when you go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge unless you go there to get married :o)
It is also beautiful during the Christmas season.
12 whole hours with Jesus? WhoHoo!!!
So glad God gave you alone time, kept you safe, and filled you up!
Post a Comment