Friday, April 6, 2007

GOOD FRIDAY

I remember going to church on Good Friday when I was young & asking myself, "Why in the world is this day called Good Friday? It's the saddest day of the year." And in truth it is very sad. It is sad that Jesus, the Son of God, had to come to earth as a man, live a sinless life we could never live, & then die a very excruitiang death on a cross for our sins. It would have been even sadder if that is where it ended but that was just the beginning. I am blessed & thankful that by God's awesome grace & love I was saved from my sins by Jesus obedience to die on the cross for me (and you) & then rose again on the 3rd day so that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life.
I have a different perspective of Good Friday now as an adult. I go to church & reflect on what Jesus did for me, my sinful nature & how God wants me to live my life, & the glorious hope of His ressurection & 2nd coming. May you all be blessed by God's hope & love today!

4 comments:

angela said...

prais Him for his WONDERFUL plan! you are always welcome to comment on my blog!

Kathy Eden said...

Amen regarding his WONDERFUL plan!
Thanks you-you!

Kristina said...

Praising God with you sister!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks Kristina! I can't wait until we can all praise him together with ALL of our kids!!! It will be sooooooooo aweseome!