Monday, December 14, 2009

Waiting patiently...

I think is one of the hardest things to do, no matter what the situation is. I will say that out of all of the waiting I've done so far...and there is one thing I'm still waiting for & it's been 21 years...that waiting for my children to come home from Haiti was the hardest. I know that there are many of you out there in that situation right now. You've been waiting a long time, you're tired of waiting, tired of missing smiles, kisses, hugs, & milestones. Tired of hearing "tomorrow" & tomorrow turns into days, weeks, months, & even years.

I also know that the waiting gets more difficult at Christmas. It just does. Another Christmas without your little one(s) next to you. It's almost too much bare some days. I want to encourage all of you who are in this place right now to, "not give up", hang on tightly to the one who is holding you...and your precious ones in His hands.

Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave & courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."

My footnote from The Life Application Study Bible says this, "Waiting for God is not easy. Often it seems that he isn't answering our prayers or doesn't understand the urgency of our situation. That kind of thinking implies that God is not in control or is not fair. But God is worth waiting for. Lamentations 3:24-26 calls us to hope in & wait for the Lord because often God uses times of waiting to refresh, renew, & teach us. Make good use of your waiting times by discovering what God may be trying to teach you in them."

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, & he turned to me & heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud & the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground & steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done & be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3

4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

My fourth Christmas without them....

Amanda said...

Thankyou for the reminder and the sweet way that you remember all of us still waiting.

I catch myself wondering sometimes what it will be like to no longer wait and if it will ever be reality. Oh how I hope in God.

Bless you.

Unknown said...

This has ministered to me so many times. Thank you for remembering and ministering to those of us still waiting.

cathy.troy said...

Amen. Celebrating Christ's birth and believing that the longest part of the wait is behind us!!!