The Children's Christmas program at our church was Sunday evening. Phoebe was so excited because this year she got to play the part of Mary. Shakira was an angel & Samara & Caleb were lambs. I was afraid that Shakira would just stand there the whole time holding her neck because that's what she tends to do & what she had been doing during all the practices. I should have never prayed for her not to do that during the program! Because what she did instead was to take someone's oversized green purse, throw it on her shoulder, go skipping down the aisle & up to the altar, she then started clapping, hip shaking, & swinging the purse around. I have a hard time imagining the angel that appeared on Christmas doing that! And of course that distracted everyone else & Joseph & Mary had to work very hard to stop giggling. Other than that...it went very well.
Edenbound is a place where family & friends can come & read about the happenings in our lives. "Doing something hard with God is easier than doing something easy without God." Kathy :o)
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Children's Christmas Program...
The Children's Christmas program at our church was Sunday evening. Phoebe was so excited because this year she got to play the part of Mary. Shakira was an angel & Samara & Caleb were lambs. I was afraid that Shakira would just stand there the whole time holding her neck because that's what she tends to do & what she had been doing during all the practices. I should have never prayed for her not to do that during the program! Because what she did instead was to take someone's oversized green purse, throw it on her shoulder, go skipping down the aisle & up to the altar, she then started clapping, hip shaking, & swinging the purse around. I have a hard time imagining the angel that appeared on Christmas doing that! And of course that distracted everyone else & Joseph & Mary had to work very hard to stop giggling. Other than that...it went very well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
sorry, but that made me laugh! merry Christmas!
Stop laughing...it's not funny! :o)
It was...but it wasn't...you know what I mean!
That little "Goober"!!
;o)
I totally know what you mean...funny, but not so much. Apparently she has her own unique interpretation of the angels visit!
Yes, I think you're right Stephanie...problem is...I don't like her interpretation of it :o)
Ha! Sounds like a Christmas program you'll never forget. I can see how it might not have been funny then, but it sure will make a great family story for years to come!
Post a Comment