



I am thankful for our third child...who happens to be our oldest by date of birth...but currently is not that age developmentally...but she will some day...I just know it.
Shakira is an amazing girl. She was known as the "orphange greeter" in Haiti & is now the "school greeter." She's joy filled most of the time. She can smile from ear to ear. She also has an "interesting" pout that she has developed when things aren't going her way.
Shakira can bring out the best in me...and the worst in me. God is definetely using her to refine me...and vice versa. She has grown a lot in the past 6 months...not just physically but also socially, emotionally, mentally, & spiritually. She is now listening to devotions & Bible story time...and actually paying attention. Whenever she hears the word "pray", she folds her hand & bows her head.
I have no idea what the future holds for Shakira but God does...and I know that He is going to use her mightily. I am thankful that her birth mother loves her so much & took her to the orphanage instead of dumping her off somewhere to die, which unfortunately is the fate of a lot of special needs children in Haiti.
3 comments:
She's precious! She can't possibly be in a better place to be nurtured and grow and loved! Pretty girl!
shakira is such a blessing, such a joy! it was wonderful seeing her last month! she has grown tremendously, kathy. the Lord is surely using you.
i sent a picture to renette, the old secretary for 3as and she was thrilled to see the changes!
You can tell she is making great strides - she just has a whole different look about her.
Post a Comment