Sunday, December 6, 2009

Polished & Protected...

Before kids, I rarely went more than a day not having my fingernails painted. Now I'm lucky if I get them painted once every month or so. My nails are brittle & if I don't have nail polish on them when they are getting long, they break off. As long as I have nail polish on them they do really well until the polish either wears off or I take it off & do not apply new polish.

So it is with prayer & Bible reading. As long as I stay in the Word & pray daily, I am protected. No matter what comes my way, I am able to stand strong in the Lord through his Word & through communication with him through prayer. As soon as I stop doing those things, no matter what the reason...sickness, overslept, etc., I am like an unpolished nail...brittle & prone to breakage. I am going to use my nails as a reminder to me to continually stay in the Word & pray.

"He guards the path of the just & protects those who are faithful to him." Prov.2:8
"May the Lord bless you & protect you." Numbers 6:24

No comments: