I meant to post this last night but didn't get around to it. Last night was a wonderful night for me & Randy...minus a "freaky incident" at a local restaurant which I will reserve for a separate post.
Randy & I have been participating in a Couples activity called "10 Great Dates" over the past few months at the church where Phoebe went to preschool at. It has been a wonderful experience for us. For one we got to have 10 great dates with free baby sitting provided which is always a plus :o)but the book itself along with the alone time together has really reconnected us. Last night was the 10th date. Typically we would go to the church & join other couples for about 15 minutes of video time which reinforced what we were reading in our books & then we would go on a date by ourselves. Last night after the video, all the couples were invited to go into the sanctuary where the Pastor was waiting for us & we could renew our wedding vows if we wanted to.
We had renewed our vows on our 10th wedding anniversary & had planned to renew them again on our 20th. We're coming up on our 19th in August. We decided to go ahead & renew them now & I am so glad we did. It was really an awesome experience & it was great to share it with at least 10 other couples. When it was time to say my vows, my voice got really quite just like it did on our wedding day but this time tears were streaming down my face & I was very emotional. Not to say my wedding day wasn't emotional or not wonderful because it was & our renewal at our 10th wedding annivesary was very special too but this time it was different in a way I probably can't adequately put into words. Although the flame can seem to fade a bit in some marriages with the passing of time, I think in our marriage it has made it stronger. I reflect back on the years we have been together & everything we have been through...the good & the bad, the pretty & the ugly sides of marriage...and I have come to appreciate them all because they have caused us to grow deeper in our relationship with Jesus & to each other...and for that I will always be thankful. Thank you Lord for blessing me with such a wonderful husband!
8 comments:
Absolutely precious! What a wonderful opportunity. I'm so glad y'all took advantage of it!
Kathy, this is so neat! Tim and I are comming up on our 9th this year, and had always planned to renew on our 10th, we eloped, so we always said that we would do this. I am so happy for you both!
Thanks Cara & Sarah!
How very sweet! We're coming upon our 9th, too. I'm very hopeful that on our tenth, we'll be taking our entire family to our honeymoon stomping grounds, Gatlinburg. We haven't been since our honeymoon and if I'm blessed and our child is home from Haiti, I won't want to take off without the kids.
Congratulations on your renewed vows, and I can only imagine how sweet it is to look back on the years and see God's loving watch care in your lives and with each other. :~)
That's awesome, Kathy!
How wonderful! This really sounds fabulous...the dates leading up to a vow renewal. Congratulations!
We'll be married 15 years this July (together for 20). It is a blessing to have our relationship deepen with each passing year. I can't imagine my life without him.
I think the Bible-study / dates is a great idea - can you share the title and author of the book? I think I FINALLY found a babysitter, now that my kids are 1 and 3 and so maybe we can finally "date" again!
Thank you also for sharing your emotions and thoughts from during your most recent renewal, how reviving!
Kristin...the title of the book is "10 Great Dates to energize your marriage" by David & Claudia Arp. IBSN 0-310-21091-7
I highly recommend going through the book. Right now Randy & I are reading "The 4 Seasons of Marriage" by Gary Chapman. It's a good book to read after you've completed your 10 dates.
Post a Comment