So to make a long story somewhat less long...Friday I celebrated my birthday. Saturday morning I was informed that Shakira's foot needed attention. I really wanted to go to Haiti but with the $1000 ticket price knew I couldn't go unless God blessed me with the money. By Saturday evening I had E ticket iternary in my hand...Praise God!!! I arrived in Haiti around 7pm...4 & 1/2 hrs later than scheduled but thank God I made it safely.
Shakira's foot looks "good" as far as the wound goes. They are working very hard to keep it clean until it's healed. Unfortunately the injury happened to her good foot but I am thankful that her injury isn't any worse that it is because it could have been. We're still not out of the woods yet regarding it's healing & not getting infected so I would appreciate continued prayers for that.
I have been having some very good bonding time with my children. I think they are "fully" attached to Mama & ready to come home. Caleb cries every time I leave the room & lights up like a Christmas tree when I come back. It's a good thing they are ready because we're one step closer to them coming home...
We're out of Parquet!!! Our files are being transcripted & we should be in MOI soon. Praise God!!! Please keep praying for movement for all the 3A files...it's working!!!
It's Haiti "hot" here :o) but so far I'm doing good. I would like to take out a blind rooster that wakes up at 3am but other than that things are good here :o) I am suppose to arrive home Sunday evening & it is my prayer that I really do! If you remember my Dec. trip, there was a major delay & I had to spend the night in Miami & didn't get home until 10am Monday.
13 comments:
So glad her foot is OK. Praying for safe travel, and WOOO HOOO for being one step closer!
Thank you for the update! I keep checking back in hopes of hearing you are doing well. Praise God for movement on your files. I'll continue to keep Shakira in my prayers.
I am so glad Shakira's foot is healing! And, I am so happy to hear about the wonderful time you are sharing with the kiddos! We continue to pray and praise God for moving your file right along!
Yay for being out of parquet!!!!
YIPPIE.....praying that you enter and exit MOI quickly!!!!
Great to hear news on Shakira's foot. I think about her all of the time!!
Kathy, I too had bad thoughts about roosters and loud little dogs when I was in Haiti. To this day I do not like the sound of roosters.
Wow, you're in Haiti! Praying her foot continues to heal...a momma's love is sure to help! Take lots of pictures!!
Congrats on your forward movement!!!!
I'm so glad God blessed you with that trip. Shakira is very lucky to have a nurse for a mama. I know you are just spoilin' those kids good. They deserve it. That is so cute how Caleb has separation anxiety. That must warm your heart. I'll be praying for you as you leave. I know it's going to be hard on you to say bye to those babies again. Praying hard!!!
Thanks everyone! Angela is right...it is going to be very hard to leave this time...for all of us...please pray...thanks!
I'm so thankful you could be down there for Shakira! We will be praying for all of you.
and what IS it with those Haitian Roosters??? There are always off by a couple of hours... I'm bringing a slingshot later this month!
It's so good to hear that her foot is doing good! I had a lot of fun with Phoebe! She is so sweet!
Praise God for her foot doing well! We will continue to pray for her healing!
And praise God for your trip and your files moving!!!! How cool is that?
God rocks!
kathy, this is one of the best posts!! so excited about parquet! and glad to hear that shakira's foot is not too too bad! always praying!
Wonderful news all around! SO, SO happy to hear all this! God's provision- well, that's just astounding! Shakira's foot- so glad it's healing! And out of Parquet! Yes, Yes, Yes, Lord! What an awesome triple play! And also, how sweet Caleb is "getting it" that you're his mama despite being so little! That is awesome! This really was the postest with the mostest!
Post a Comment