That was the title of the devotion that Randy & I read this morning. I was the one reading it aloud & I could barely get through it. I had to stop a couple of times & recompose myself. It really spoke to me & I hope it "speaks" to you as well. This is from Wed. April 9 out of the CPH "Portals of Prayer."
"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God." 1 John 3:1
We met a new family member at the reunion this year. She didn't resemble any of us, yet she delighted all of us. During a work assignment in China, my cousin took his family to tour an orphanage. They noticed that no one was attending to one particular newborn's needs. The family was told that because she was so tiny, she was destined to die. They begged the staff to allow them to take the 3 pound baby home to care for her. Finally, the staff agreed.
After months of love, nurture, & sleepless nights. Angel was restored to health. The family grew to love Angel & wanted her to be a part of their family. The adoption process was painstaking. It took two years of frustration, financial drain, & perseverance. But now, Angel belongs to them.
What the family did for Angel is what God has done for us. While we were yet in our helpless sinful condition, Christ came to our rescue. Our adoption cost Jesus' life. We contributed nothing. We simply were given a marvelous gift of love. We can do nothing to repay Jesus; we can only thank Him for what He already has done. In Christ, we live lives that bring honor to God.
"Jesus, thank you for making such a costly sacrifice to make us children of God. Amen."
3 comments:
i love that we have such a wonderful model of adoption in our heavenly Father. He chose us!! thanks for sharing this, kathy! what a blessing to be a part of something so great as a family!
Thanks for sharing, Kathy! I appreciate the encouragement.
AMEN!
Post a Comment