Edenbound is a place where family & friends can come & read about the happenings in our lives. "Doing something hard with God is easier than doing something easy without God." Kathy :o)
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Well, it's a great start so far. We slept until 9:30am, had breakfast, & then watched Mizzou win the Cotton Bowl...yeah Mizzou!!! We then took down the rest of the Christmas decorations, cleaned, played, & watched more football. I stayed in my PJ's until about 2:30pm & didn't take a shower until 6:30pm. I then kicked back & watched the first show of the new Biggest Loser season. I should be in bed by now but am taking advantage of the quiet to finish some things I needed to do. The only thing that would have made this day better is if we would have had the other half of our family home with us. I am eagerly looking forward to them coming home this year & to all the things that God has planned for us. I pray that your year will be full of God's peace & blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know how much you want the rest of your family home with you, but I can almost guarantee that you wouldn't have gotten to sleep until 9:30!! (I base this on my own two children - 7am is "sleeping in"!) I know you're more than willing to trade in the sleep for your kids! It's what parents do! :-) Any updates on when they will get to come home? Happy New Year!
Hi Kristin! You're right about that...our Haitian children are use to getting up with the roosters :o) The only reason Phoebe slept that long is because she stayed up until 1am on New Year's Eve. Phoebe use to sleep until 8-8:30 but these days it's more like 7am. As far as updates...no new news yet. We're still waiting to exit IBESR & then go onto the next step.
Thinking of you and your children today.
I was in my P.J.'s all day too. I took a long bath at 6:30 p.m. and decided to get dressed..with a clean pair of P.J.'s. We all need a lazy day now and then!!!
Sounds like a sweet day. Can't wait til next New Years when you're all together!
Post a Comment