My birthday started out on a great note. The sun is shining & there is a cool breeze blowing. My wonderful husband rolled over as he woke up this morning & wished me a Happy Birthday. We had a nice breakfast & then like every other "work" day morning we did a devotion together. Guess what it was about...if you guessed "growing old"...you're right! Here it is from Max Lucado's "Grace for the Moment" book.
"The Oldest & the Choicest"
"Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you." Isaiah 46:4
Growing old can be dangerous. The trail is treacherous & the pitfalls are many. One is wise to be prepared. You know it's coming. It's not like God kept the process a secret. It's not like you are blazing a trail as you grow older. It's not as if no one has ever done it before. Look around you. You have ample opportunity to prepare & ample case studies to consider. If growing old catches you by surprise, don't blame God. He gave you plenty of warning. He also gave you plenty of advice.
Your last chapter can be your best. Your final song can be your greatest. It could be that all of your life has prepared you for a grand exit. God's oldest have always been among his choicest.
11 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miss Kathy!!!!!!!
I Hope your day is blessed!!!!!
Thanks Jordyn!!!
(Singing)Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Kathy!
Happy Birthday to you!
May the Lord who created heaven and earth, bless you with a wonderful day full of His peace and joy!!!!
Thanks Michelle! Nice "singing" :o)
I love that last part that we are preparing for a grand exit. Age shouldn't be scary. Thanks for sharing. That's cool that this was your devotion this morning. Happy Birthday!!!
Thanks Angela! I agree with you.
Happy Birthday my friend!!!!
Thanks Kristina!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Thanks Lizzie! Minus three big melt downs from Phoebe...it's been a very good day so far. Getting ready to go out to dinner with Randy & Phoebe. I'm really hoping she can keep it together during dinner.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Post a Comment