Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Vivid Dream...

I had a very vivid dream...you know the ones that are so "real" you think it's really happening. I was at the orphanage & it was time for Randy & I to return home. We were saying good bye & Samara was crying & hugging me & wouldn't let go. My stomach was in knots & it felt like my heart had been ripped in two pieces.

15 comments:

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Well, it is going to be tough... On the sunny side, Angela and I were talking about how excited Shakira is going to be! Angela thinks that Shaky really does "get it". Can't wait to see her with you both! Having parents really does give them so much more in their lives--a sense of hope and belonging! Yep, the leaving is going to be beyond tough. Samara is going to cry. But you are already giving them something amazing....

Jordyn said...

That is hard...

Kathy Eden said...

I agree with you Gretchen. I think Shakira does "get it." I know she's going to be so excited to see us. Not sure how she'll do with having to say Good bye. I think Samara & I will be shedding a lot of tears...she's still pretty small...think she'll fit in my suit case? :o) I know Caleb will fit! :o) Maybe if I wear a flowy dress & strap Shakira on the insdie of it to me...I could sneak her out too! :o)

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see that dress, if you plan on fitting Shaki in it!! Kathy, I can tell you it is hard. I have done if 5 times now and as Jimmy can witness the last time I cried all the way to the airport. God will give you the strength! I wouldn't trade any of my time spent with the kids to ease the pain. It's worth it a hundred times.

Kathy Eden said...

Way to burst my bubble Michelle! I thought I had a "real" plan :o)
I agree with you. I would rather feel the pain of leaving than miss out on the joy & love if I didn't go.

Elisabeth said...

Sending blessings to you for you tough times!!!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks Lizzie!

Angela said...

That dream will definitely come true. I've never seen Shawn cry that hard for that long. It's always hard saying goodbye!! I'll be praying for you (and Randy).

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks Angela!

angela said...

yeah, i think maybe it was good that you had that dream ahead of time. it will be really hard, but that's a good thing. if you didn't feel that pain, i wouldn't want to give you our kids!!

Kathy Eden said...

Good point You-You. My first night on my own as a ER nurse was "horrific." I was in the trauma room & my first patient was a 5 year old girl from my home town who had been hit by a motorcycle. She was brain dead & I had to stay by her side until it was time for her organs to be harvested. Then after I was finished with that I had a guy whose car went into the Mississpi River & had drowned but they revived him although he was still unconscious. After I transfered him to the ICU, my last patient for the night was a guy who got hit by a train...& yes he was a "train wreck." I didn't sleep for 2 days. When I told my boss she said, "If that night didn't affect you like that...I wouldn't want you in my ER."

angela said...

wow! "horrific" doesn't quite capture that! i couldn't handle that! i just think that maybe the Lord was trying to prepare you for the reality of saying goodbye to your children. i've watched it; it's not pretty. it's a sad day when everyone leaves. i think by the end of july our kids are going to be so worn out!! but i think that teams (families) coming and spending time with the kids is so crucial! i'm looking forward to seeing you all!!

Kathy Eden said...

I agree with you. It will be hard & sad but definetely worth the time to be there with them. I know God is preparing me for the departure. He knows how I'm "wired" because He wired me that way & He knows how difficult the leaving is going to be. I know He will comfort me as well my kids when I leave.

Kristina said...

We all get thru it because God gives us something...Hope. Thank you Jesus!

angela said...

just for the record, i don't think crying and such is considered "weird" when you're leaving your kids behind. i think it's "normal."

:)

see you soon!!