Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tagged by Michelle..

Okay, so I was tagged by Michelle & I 'm suppose to post 7 little known facts about myself. They aren't anything earth shaking but you may not know them:
1. I've always wanted to be a rock star...now I would choose to be a "Christian recording artist." :o)
2. I like to roller skate & really want a pair of those tennis shoes with the wheels in them.
3. Most people know that my favorite color is purple but don't know that my favorite flowers are yellow roses.
4. I like the smell of the ocean.
5. I like the feel of grass on under my bare feet.
6. I like laying in a hammock for extended periods of time.
7. I won a banana eating contest in college. (No comments please!)

I tag Don, Fiona, Jamie V., Terri, Joye, Elaine, & Larry. (I know you all don't have blogs so you can post them here)

8 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I love your 7 little facts!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks Lizzie!

Michelle said...

very funny facts, ya rock star!!

Angela said...

Ok...I have to comment on the bananna thing...

Did you win a trophy? Do you have pictures? I just can't see you doing that. That's pretty funny stuff!!!

Kathy Eden said...

Michelle you need to ask Teresa about going to a concert with me...she thinks it's a "riot."
Angela...no trophy. And if I did have pictures...which I don't...they would be destroyed immediately!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

1. I am from the southern most town on the Cape Peninsula in South Africa, where the Indian and the Atlantic oceans meet. Cape Town is the most beautiful place on earth. I have travelled to every continent, but there are a few places I still want to see. The Great Wall of China and the Terracotta Warriors, Machu Pichu, and The Great Barrier Reef. My dream is to travel overland from Cape Town to Cairo to Kathmandu...anyone want to join me?
2. I went to the same high school as Charlize Theron, SA's equivalent of The Fame School. Charlize majored in ballet, I majored in Art. We were not there at the same time. I am older than her.
3. I studied graphic design in London. My Dad was a diplomat there at that time and we attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace, sat in the Royal Enclosure at the Ascot Races where I saw Lady Di a few feet away and while watching her wedding procession from the balcony of the South African Embassy in Trafalgar Square she looked up, waved and smiled at us from her horse drawn carriage
4. I left SA 17 years ago amidst terrible political turmoil. I was arrested for political activism while a volunteer in a township near Johannesburg where I worked as a volunteer teaching very poor children between the ages of 2-6, Shortly after I left the charges were dropped. I arrived in Europe on the day that Nelson Mandela was released from prison.
5. I came to America to work at a summer camp in Northern Wisconsin. It took longer than 12 years to get my greencard in which time I was not allowed to leave without risking not being allowed back. I didn't see most of my family during that time and missed my brothers wedding as a result.
6. I met my 'second childhood' sweetheart Bob at a mutual friends wedding near San Francsico where I was fullfilling my ambition to work as a chef.
7.I nearly didn't meet Bob as the immigration process was so long and tough I nearly gave up and left the country. I'm glad I perservered. If I hadn't I would not currently be in the process of adopting two gorgeous children from Haiti, Nancy and Alixson.

Kathy Eden said...

Wow Fiona...those are some fantastic facts!!! Thank you so much for sharing them! I'm glad you perservered too! :o)

Kathy Eden said...

Here's my NC mom's facts:
1. I love to go fishing, but still don't know how to cast. I grew up using cane poles fishing in the bayou or off the pier into Lake Michigan. Oh, those fresh perch were awesome!
2. I know how to clean the fish I caught.
3. My favorite flowers are white daisies. I wanted all daisies for my wedding and the florist put white roses in with them, I was furious! But unable to do anything about it. I had also ordered white daisy coursages for my female guests and they were dyed. Yuck!
4. I love to ride bikes, and rode a lot as a kid living in the flatland, but I don't have a clue how to ride a bike that has hand brakes and gear shifts or speeds. Give me a plain old bike!
5. I dislike perfume and most strong smells.
6. I finished a four and a half or five year college program in three and a half years, going to school through one summer to do it.
7. It took me a full seven years to complete my Masters Degree as I kept starting and stopping!
8. I was badly bitten by a dog as a child and am afraid of dogs to this day.
9. I watched my Mother cat begin to have kittens when I was about sseven. The cat was on the sofa with my mother at the time.