Friday, May 11, 2007

"Gideon"

Gideon has always been one of my favorite stories in the Bible but now that I watch the Veggie Tale version on a regular basis with Phoebe it has taken on even a deeper meaning than before.
For the past few weeks I've been struggling with the possibilty of adopting another child. This came about due to something totally unrelated to Three Angels or Haiti. So last Thursday a week ago I poured out my heart to some friends & told them that if it was meant to be that it would happen & if it wasn't meant to be I wanted God to take the desire out of my heart. Soon after that the desire for this particular child was taken away but it was soon replaced with a desire for another child...one from Three Angels. I spoke with Gail the parent liason about the possibilty of adopting a third child. She said it is "irregular" & that the Board of Directors would have to approve it. She & I decided to pray about it. I knew Randy was not open to the idea but I felt "something" & needed to know if it was God's will or not. So I pulled a "Gideon" & threw out a "fleece." I told God that I would be accepting whatever the answer was. So tonight was "fleece" night. If it was God's will Randy would agree & we would agree on what child God had chosen for us. He said, "I prayed about it all week & do not feel God is leading us to adopt another child at this time." I said, "That's fine. I told you I would accept whatever the decision was."
So now I'm just "processing" all of this in my head & heart & letting God fill me with His peace as I trust in Him.

9 comments:

angela said...

wow!! okay, we're on your prayer team, k? the Lord is great all the time!

Elisabeth said...

You can sign me up for the prayer team. And i am glad you trust God because He will do what ever is right for you!!! :)

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks You-You!!! And you're right, He is great all the time! :o)

Kathy Eden said...

Thank you as well Lizzie! Your post didn't appear at first for some reason.

Michelle said...

And the peace that passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus!!! Love ya!

Angela said...

Praise God for clarity!!!

Kathy Eden said...

Yes...praise Him although I'm still struggling with it. I think He has a plan "B" & at this point in time I'm not on board with it. So I will keep praying & trust in Him.

Angela said...

I hear ya on that one. I've been going through the same thing. Hang in there!!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks Angela! I will. We can help support each other!