Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pets, Police, & Prayers...

Well I'm going to try to make a very long & dramatic story, short & less dramatic. The "jist" of the situation is that we basically have been harassed by our next door neighbor for several months now. We have tried very hard to be nice to them & Christ like. However, yesterday was the "straw that broke the camel's back" when they called the police on us. The police arrived in our driveway at 8:30am & the complaint from the neighbor was a bunch of lies about our cat. The police "drilled" Randy & then gave us a warning.

Their behavior has nothing to do with cats. It goes much deeper than that. I don't know if they have ever liked us but we noticed a dramatic change in their behavior toward us when they found out we were adopting from Haiti.

Please pray for this situation. Please pray for guidance & wisdom for us on how to handle it appropriately without being a "door mat." Please pray that God will provide us with the resources we need to put up a fence. Thanks!

6 comments:

angela said...

yikes! that's crazy! okay, i'm praying!

Brandy and Troy said...

Oh Kathy, I am sorry.

We will help construct the fence!!!! Just let us know when.

Praying.

Kathy Cassel said...

We have a similiar problem but they called social services on us Friday and said we hate one of our children because he's mixed race! Augh! I wish a fence would help and am wondering how to build a mail bomb (just kidding-mostly : )

Good luck. My cats do whatever they want but they never bother anyone. Try and teach a cat to follow rules! Ha.

Kathy Eden said...

I think they should make a compound for all "mean" neighbors. That way they can have has much fun as they want being mean to each other.

My "accused" cat is so not guilty. He's 13 years old & goes out for a few minutes a day to smell the fresh air & then he returns to our door step & waits for me to let him back in. He's the best cat that I have ever had. I wish I could say the same about those neighbors...however, that award goes to our neighbors across the street. They are wonderful...and if you are reading this...we love you!!!

Brandy and Troy said...

Mean People STINK.

Salzwedel Family said...

That stinks! I have & will continue to pray for this situation.