Thursday, November 13, 2008

Peace like a river...

"I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind & heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So do not be troubled or afraid." John 14:27 NLT

We are still waiting to enter MOI. Many people are asking what the hold up is. I really have no idea. There is really no "real" explanation why we have been waiting since June to enter. January will mark 2 years since we started the adoption process from Haiti. Do we get frustrated? YES! Do we miss our children terribly & want them home...now? YES! Are we worried, troubled, & can't sleep night after night? NO! You maybe asking yourself why not? Because we have the PEACE of the LORD!

"Do not worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, & thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts & minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 NLT

This is the kind of peace we have. This is the kind of peace that is available to everyone if they would just accept it. I can't explain it or even begin to understand it. I just know that it is this peace that has kept me going through some very difficult times. And not just kept me "surviving" but "thriving" during those times. I have done it without God as well...and it wasn't pretty...at all. I know that some non Christians say that Christians are weak & that we use our faith as a crutch. I know that upsets some Christians but I don't care what they say because I know that I am weak. All of us are weak by ourselves...that's what non Christians don't get. But with Jesus I am strong. "For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need." Philippians 4:13

Dear Heavenly Father,
I pray that you would fill everyone that reads this post with your peace & joy. The peace that surpasses all human understanding. Please guard their hearts & minds so that the world will not steal their peace or joy. Draw them close to you. Hold them in your hands. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen!

Peace like a river
I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river in my soul;
I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a
river in my soul. (my soul)

I've got love like an ocean, I've got love like an ocean, I've got love like an ocean in my soul;
I've got love like an ocean, I've got love like an ocean, I've got love like an
ocean in my soul. (my soul)

I've got joy like a fountain, I've got joy like a fountain, I've got joy like a fountain in my soul;
I've got joy like a fountain, I've got joy like a fountain, I've got joy like a
fountain in my soul. (my soul)

4 comments:

CG said...

"This is the kind of peace that is available to everyone if they would just accept it."

These are hard words, but I couldn't agree more, Kathy. During really hard times of testing in my life I refused the Lord's peace. It was more comfortable for me to wallow, blame, complain, compare myself to others and feel sorry for myself. That is how I lived... all while I accused GOD of being unfair and "not keeping me in His perfect peace like He was supposed to." Yikes! It was ME, not HIM, that wasn't doing my part. I was refusing to be thankful, to count my blessings, to think on His goodness and faithfulness, etc... It took many years of being bitter and angry to finally see that I was the one keeping myself in that pit of despair and hopelessness. Slowly but surely, as I focused on HIM instead of my circumstances, I climbed out. I still slip back at times, but I no longer LIVE in that dark place. Praise the Lord! I am so grateful for those trials now, because they prepared me for this adoption. If all I'd ever known was relative ease and getting what I wanted when I wanted it I would be LOSING MY MIND right now. :)

Your faith is encouraging and inspiring to me. I am so glad we're on this journey together! I'm praying we'll (ALL) enter MOI any day now!

Salzwedel Family said...

I honestly don't know what I would do during this trial if I didn't have peace from the Lord. Thanks for sharing this.

Kathy Cassel said...

I really thought your kids would be home by now because your file went through ibesr and parquet so fast. You just never know. We were 9 mo in ibesr and am in our 6th month in parquet. Let hope we all get good news before the holidays.

Lena Just Lena said...

AMEN Kathy.

Thanks for the beautiful post and the prayer.

I can relate to what Cara G. is saying too-as I have had a tendency to be negative, fearful and bitter/resentful at times. I too have done things my own way and God's way-and let me tell you, God's way is definitely, always, infinitely BETTER.

I'm grateful for the trials I have been through as they have helped me learn from my mistakes and grow in my faith. I am so thankful for God's unending patience and love and mercy, when I've been um, a 'slow learner'. But thankfully, I am starting to get it.

I'm also grateful to be on this adventure and journey with such amazing women. We can all learn and grow together.

Joining with you in your prayer from this post for all waiting families and waiting children.