Friday, November 21, 2008

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

ALL THE TIME...GOD IS GOOD!!! No, we haven't heard news about being in MOI but God is still good!!! A couple of months ago Phoebe really started struggling with her siblings not being home yet. She would just cry & cry. I told her that maybe we should start praying about changing our plans from her meeting them when they get home to her meeting them in Haiti. She immediately started praying fervently about it. God put a peace in my heart about her going...something Randy & I were adamantly against her doing at her current age.

Phoebe & I felt like God was saying we were to go together to Haiti so Phoebe could meet her siblings. I had others pray about it too & was told that they thought she needed to go. So we had the peace & confirmation but no money. I told Phoebe that if God wanted us to go that He would have to provide the money for our trip & that we needed to start praying about it.

Shortly after that I felt led to send out a letter to people telling them about the trip & asking if they would collect their loose change from now until January 1st & then donate it to Phoebe on her behalf for her trip. Within a week of the letters being sent out she has already received $250. Praise God!!! I am so excited for her! I was not concerned about God providing the money for my trip because I knew He would but I had no idea where or when it was going to come from.

The other night before I went to bed I felt like God was telling me to put our airplane tickets on hold even though Phoebe didn't have all the money for hers & I had no money for mine. I put two tickets on hold & then went to bed. The next morning I received a $700 donation to use for my airplane ticket. Praise God!!! I bought our tickets tonight so now it's offical...Phoebe & I are going to Haiti in February & we are both very excited!!! I can't wait to tell Samara & Shakira...I know that they will be excited too!

7 comments:

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Oh, this is such wonderful news, Kathy! Praise the Lord for His provisions. I cannot tell you enough about the wonderful feelings you will have as a mama when you get to whath all your children meet one another for the very first time. It is a mind-blowing, heart-filling and blessed experience. One I am so glad you will be able to have so very soon!!!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

that would be watch not whath...sorry!

CG said...

Praise God for awesome stuff like this! Yahoo! What GREAT news! Now I want to go on the February trip, too! Please get LOTS of video and pictures. I can't wait to see these siblings together at last!

Kristina said...

I LOVE it when God does this!!!!!!


Whoooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Brandy and Troy said...

I am SO excited!!!

Praise God!!!!!!

Whooooo Hooooo


Love you!!!

angela said...

wow! i am so behind on blogging but what a wonderful thing to open this up and read tonight! praise the Lord!!

Lena Just Lena said...

This is great news-God is great. Thanks for being obedient, and for sharing what's happening....It's very encouraging.

So excited for your family!