Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Missing teeth, unpacking, tires, Fall Festival, & magic underwear...


Almost two weeks ago we went to Paducah, KY to help Randy's brother Darrell & his family move there from Florida. We stayed at a hotel the first night & Phoebe got in some swimming. That night she also lost her first tooth. The tooth fairy came that night & when we woke up the next morning there was a dollar under her pillow & her tooth under Mom's pillow so we could have it as a keepsake. We then went to Darrell's house & helped them unpack. During the weekend, Olivia lost her second tooth. The tooth fairy didn't come during the night & had to make a fast stop in the morning with Olivia sitting next to her pillow...pretty sneaky tooth fairy :o) Saturday morning Randy & Darrell went to the van to go to the store & found a nail in my tire...of course it wasn't in the tire that really needed to be replaced. So he bought two new tires. Saturday afternoon Randy & I took the girls to a Fall Festival at a local church so the girls could get out of the house & Darrell & Sandra could take a break & rest. We had lots of fun. Some time during the weekend, Sandra & I were out & about by ourselves & I asked her what was up with the magic underwear since I did not know but had heard about it. She was raised Methodist but switched to the Mormon church somewhere along the road. When we first met we decided to agree to disagree about our faith views since we were having very intense conversations & wasn't getting anywhere with them. She was very informative about the "sacred garments" which makes a lot more sense than "magic underwear."

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Paducah is my old stomping ground :~)

I miss the mall.

Kathy Cassel said...

It looks like fun. I have a kitty that looks like Bruno.

Kathy Eden said...

I haven't been to the mall yet...that will be next trip :o)
What's some of your favorite eating places around there?

Kathy...does your kitty weigh 25 pounds? Bruno is huge but very sweet!

kelly said...

Wow looks like some fun times. Now maybe you can help me understnad the magic underwear?

Salzwedel Family said...

OK, I'm coming back to comment because I had to Google "Mormon sacred garments"...interesting!

Kathy Eden said...

I'm sure Google can do a better job than me in explaining it Kelly but in simple Kathyese, at some point they make a vow regarding sexual purity. The "sacred garments" are worn next to the skin as a reminder of this & of their love between them & their "Heavenly Father." You can get garments through their church.