Monday, June 23, 2008

Intercessory prayer...

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
May all who love this city prosper.
O Jerusalem, may there be peace within your walls
and prosperity in your palaces.
For the sake of my family & friends, I will say,
"Peace be with you."
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
I will seek what is best for you, O Jerusalem.
Psalm 1226-9 NLT

Footnote from Life Application Study Bible:
The psalmist was not praying for his own peace & prosperity but for that of his brothers & friends in Jerusalem. This is intercessory prayer, prayer on the behalf of others. Too often we are quick to pray for our own needs & desires but neglect interceding for others. Will you intercede for someone in need today?

I was reading Psalm 122 this morning & these verses & footnote really spoke to me today & I immediately thought of my good friends Angela & Michelle. I know that some of my readers know them & their situation but for those of you don't I will tell you that they are both very wonderful people. They have been in Haiti for several days waiting to get Visa appointments so they can bring their children home. They are adopting from the same orphanage as Randy & I, & they live in our area. I am asking everyone who reads this post today to please intercede fervently on their behalf today. Please pray that Steven's new passport will be finished today & they will have everything they need to have their Visa appointments & that they will get their appointments today. Please pray that their Visa appointments go well & that Michelle, Jeremy, Mia, Hope, Noah, Angela, Belle, & Steven will be on a plane to the US within the next couple of days & that they will arrive home safely. Please pray for a peace & joy that passes all human understanding to fill them all. Thanks!

2 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

Kathy,
You are such a wonderful friend to so many! Thank you for the wonderful post on our friends behalf!

Salzwedel Family said...

This has been my prayer since they arrived last week. I think one of the most important things we can do is lift each other up.