Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Our family has much to be thankful for today...and every day. I am thankful first & foremost to Jesus, for pulling me out of the miry clay & washing me clean with His blood that was shed for me...and you.

I will spend the next few days expressing my thankfulness regarding family & friends in detail but today I wanted to focus on my overall thankfulness to God for everything I have.

Five years ago today, we walked into a church for its Thanksgiving service. We had only moved to IN two weeks prior & was looking for a church home. We had a list & this church was the second one on our list. We had went to the first one the Sunday prior but wasn't feeling that it was where we were suppose to be.

The second church was different. We felt like we were "home" as soon as we walked in. We sat through the service...which we totally "connected with"...and then was welcomed by many of the people there, as well as the Pastor. We've been at this church ever since. The Pastor & the people are a huge blessing to me & my family. They are a part of our family...and for that...we are very thankful!

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amanda said...

A church family and a man of God that preaches God's truth and shepherd's the flock is quite the blessing indeed!

Thank-you for your encouragements this week. God uses His people :~)