Saturday, November 14, 2009

All sorts of anniversaries!


Well, it's anniversary time in our house. No, not wedding anniverary...that was in August :o) October 30th marked 5 years as me being a stay at home mom. Wow! 5 years! I have to confess that in the planning of "my life", I never thought I would be a stay at home mom. When we were planning to move to IN, Randy & I both felt God calling me to stay at home with Phoebe. We had no idea how long I would be able to do it but knew that I needed to do it for awhile after our move. "Awhile" has now been 5 years & I am so thankful to God for Him giving me this opportunity. It is still the hardest job that I have had so far, but I am cherishing every day that I can do it.

This past Monday, Nov. 9th, was the 6th month anniversary of our children coming home from Haiti. I can't believe it's been 6 months! This time last year we were still stuck in "no man's land" between Parquet & MOI, & had no idea when we would get into MOI. The first of the year brought news that we were in & we just sat back & watched God beautifully orchestrate His plan in having Phoebe & I visit in Feb. so she could meet her siblings & then to forever bond with them at home three months later, the day before Mother's Day.

We are still running the marathon. Some days we are in awe of how much growth has happened in our children since they came home & other days we just shake our heads & say to ourselves, "Come on, you should know this by now." But either way, we are so thankful for our precious gifts from God!

Tomorrow will mark our 5 year anniversary of moving to Indiana. When we moved here we knew we were following God's will but at the time really had no idea what His plan was in having us move here. Five years later, His plan is pretty clear. We have no idea how long we are to stay here, but as with everything else...we will trust in His plan & timing.

On Nov. 19th, "little man" will turn 2 & 1/2. Wow! I am so thankful that God allowed him to come before his 2nd birthday & allow me to parent at least a little bit of "baby" left in him. He's talking a mile a minute...however, none of us can truly understand what he is saying :o) I'm hoping that will improve soon :o)

The picture is a picture we took on Monday evening after we had our 6 month celebration dinner. I think it does a good job in capturing who we are right now as a family.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

What a nice picture.

angela said...

i love that picture! it was so great seeing all of you just like that! thanks for having us over. we love you all!

Sarah and Tim said...

I already told you over the phone, but...i'll say it again....WOW!