Saturday, May 23, 2009

Two weeks ago...

my three beautiful Haitian children came home. It's hard to believe that it has been two weeks already! Although I was very excited & thankful for the best Mother's Day present ever, I will admit that the first week was pretty rough. We didn't expect it to a piece of cake but as I have said in a previous post...you can't really ever prepare for something like this. There's too many possible factors & scenarios that can play out due to a clashing of cultures & personalities.

The second week has been much better. Caleb is no longer sick & everyone is starting to settle in & adjust to each other. I know it will continue to be an ongoing transition for awhile but I am so amazed at the progress so far. We look like a family, act like a family, & feel like a family :o)

The kids homecoming did teach us some things about friends as well. I have talked to some other mothers who have already brought their children home & they say the same thing I have been thinking: "You find out who your true friends are when the kids come home." I want to thank each & everyone of my friends who "stepped up to the plate" to help us when the kids came home. Thank you! Thank you for the prayers, support & encouragement! Thank you for the food! Thank you for the gifts! Thank you for having Phoebe come over to your house so she could have a break! Thank you for letting me drop off the kids one morning so I could have some alone time! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I tried really hard to do several updates & pictures since the kids came home because I know that family & friends want to be a part of this transition, however, I don't expect it to continue quite as frequently from now on. I will try to post weekly updates but it may even be longer than that as I don't have a lot of spare time on the computer these days.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

As I told you on the phone, I have enjoyed "peeking" into your first couple of weeks home. Take your time in blogging, we will be here!

Also I hope I am still on the friend list. I have kept quiet to give you guys time to adjust. But know I have also been praying for all of you!

Hugs!

angela said...

you really shouldn't feel the need to blog, my friend! you went from one child to FOUR!! and pheobe was taking care of herself for the most part! now you've got diapers, and schedules and language and OH MY!!! i'm proud of you just for blogging to say you won't be blogging!
in the words of dr laura, you're your kids' mom! WELL DONE!!

Lena Just Lena said...

Thanks for the updates-I'm amazed you have had ANY time for that at all. I'm glad it's better this week, and I will continue to pray for your family and the adjustments. Thank God for friends.

Kristin said...

What?! Your computer time is more limited now that you have 3 more little ones at your house?! I just don't understand!! :-) LOL - I am truly joking. I have continued to pray with you for each of your children and pray for you and Randy - that your relationship will also be taken care of remain strong in HIM! I have so enjoyed these updates and just like you see how random mine are - I will enjoy a monthly or every-other-month update of your kids! Love you guys!!