Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Puke & P_ _ p...

Well, Little Man had been throwing up & having the "runs" since last Thursday. He went to the doctor yesterday morning & they drew labs. Yesterday evening the doctor calls back & says, "He's pretty dehyrdated. I would like to admit him to the hosptial & have IV fluids overnight." So off he & I went. We got there around 6:30pm & he was discharged around 2pm today. He officially has the rhodovirus (however you spell it)...nasty stomach bug that makes lots of stinky puke & green poopy. He looks much better now. He gained 2 pounds since last evening. That's how dehydrated he was. Now he has cheeks & he's his "normal" self. He hasn't thrown up since yesterday but the doctor said the stinky poop will continue for a few more days. Please pray that no one else in our house gets it!

11 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Aww, praying for your sweet boy.

Amanda said...

Awww, that's not good. Go invest in some of those Sam's Club size hand sanitizer bottles!

Poor baby! I hope he's on the mend, now, and praying no one else gets it!

Kristina said...

Poor little guy! What a homecoming! :o

Praying!

Lena Just Lena said...

I know this is not good news, but I am SO THANKFUL that your son was at home with you, so that you could tend to him. Not that stinky diapers and puke are fun, but still.....

Praying you all don't get it, and that C is on the mend super duper fast!

Kathy Cassel said...

Prayers.

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Well, if he has to be sick, I am glad he has his mommy! Hugs to the little guy...

Kristin said...

Ryan just had rotavirus two weeks ago - those runs are nasty - hang in there and as you know tons of hand washing!!

cathy.troy said...

The poor fellow. I hate that part of his first days here had to be spent in the hospital. But Praise the Lord he was here and is recovering well!!!

Tanya said...

It's too bad that Caleb has been sick but I am so glad that he is already on the mend. Your family is beautiful and they look so happy to be home! But, how could they not!

Lara said...

Hi Kathy - how's the big boy doing? I hope he is feeling better and that everyone is healthy! I'll bet Phoebe is a huge help to you right now!

Rosie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Caleb.

Kathy so very happy for you.