Friday, April 3, 2009

Our Awesome God!!!

Wednesday was a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. After learning the news that Passports wanted to see Caleb's birthmother before issuing his passport, I was a "mess." I bawled my eyes out & then was briefly overtaken by fear & selfishness. Fear that this gave his birthmother another opportunity to change her mind, & selfishness of not wanting to go through the pain of all kind of scenarios related to that, even though I know without a doubt God has chosen Caleb to be a part of our family. I want my children home now! I feel like I've waited long enough & do not want to go through a long, drawn out something else to test or grow my faith or anyone else's. I just want my children home...now!!! So after telling God all of that I broke down & did what I knew He was calling me to do...which was to trust Him...and give it all to Him. So I did...even if that means waitng another year or two more for my child(ren) to come home. Once I released Caleb to God I was filled with complete peace.

Thursday morning I found out that our usually mild mannered, not so assertive but very hard working Orphanage Director told passports that everything was complete & legal on the Haitian side & that they had no right to ask for the birthparents presence at this point. I am totally convinced that this was Holy Spirit led assertiveness...and they responded with, "Okay, you can come pick up the passport." Thank you Jesus!!!
So he was suppose to have picked up Caleb's passport yesterday morning & then submit all of our files to DHS for final approval. We are waiting for confirmation today whether he was able to do everything as planned.

The next "hurdle" we face is the children's TB test. They are suppose to be going for their medical exams today which are needed for the final DHS approval. We need to pray that all 5 children's (including the 2 that aren't mine :o) TB test come back negative because if they don't...you're looking at about a month delay in getting a chest x ray, the results of it, & the 10 days of treatment that is required before they are allowed to enter the US. They will read the results Monday so please pray that they are negative. Thanks!


5 comments:

Lara said...

What sweet relief Kathy! Roller coaster...very appropriate analogy...I can't wait to get to the end of this crazy ride!

Salzwedel Family said...

I am praising with you guys on this amazing news! PTL!

Michelle said...

Praise the Lord!!

angela said...

how exciting!! the Lord is so gracious!

CG said...

I believe it was spirit-led assertiveness as well, Kathy! Praise God that JN loves our kids enough to stand up for them and say, "Hey Buster, I don't think so!"