The past two nights I have gone to bed early & have awaken way early...this morning it was 12:30am :o( Now, sometimes I wake up & can't go back to bed because I have a lot on my mind. But these past two nights I think God has awaken me because he knows I have a lot to do before I leave & that I do my "best work" at night...when everyone else is asleep :o)
This morning when I woke up I decided to read my Bible first. I read Psalm 63. One of the verses spoke to me but not because it applied to me right now but because it has in the past & I think there are some people out there right now that is reading this that it applies to so I hope it is helpful!
"I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night." Psalm 63:6 The footnote from my NLT Life Application Study Bible says this: " During sleepless, uncomfortable nights, David thought about God. Instead of counting sheep, he meditated on his Shepherd. He reviewed all the ways God had already helped him, & he greeted the next day with songs of praise. In quiet moments or wakeful nights, make it a point to count examples of God's faithfulness to you. Doing so is far more likely to give you rest than other items you might count!"
3 comments:
no better way to spend our time! thanks for sharing, kathy.
Elaine said, Thanks for sharing this. It speaks directly to the Bible study we've been doing on Mon. nights and one that Flo and I shared today. Praying you and Phoebe have a safe and wonderful trip.
thinking of you as you have cuddled your children all together by now, I'm sure. Hope you're having a ball!
Post a Comment