Apparently I am too sweet...unfortunately I'm not talking about my personality or dispostition. I'm talking about my glucose level. I went to the mail box today to find a copy of my lab results that were from my yearly physical. My results are always good but today was the exception. All of my results except for one were good. In the commnent section was "early diabetes, please follow a 1500 calorie ADA diet." Are you kidding me? Really? At age 40 I have to start doing this? Usually that doesn't happen until late 50's or in the 60's. But I should not be surprised. Diabetes runs in my family & my childhood doctor warned me that I could get it earlier & even had me test my urine for glucose when I was a child. But I am suprised. Actually I'm in denial. I don't like it...not one bit. I don't have a problem with the caloric restriction because I try to stay under 1500-1600 calories a day anyway...it's how those calories are to be restricted is what I don't like...especially when it comes to sweets...especially when it comes to chocolate.
So I'm trying to shake myself out of the denial mode & move into the motivation mode to follow this diet. Please pray for me...and Randy and Phoebe (they are going to need it :o) because I get cranky without sweets on a regular basis.
5 comments:
This would certainly put a damper on my days as well. I likes my chocolate!
I know from personal experience how restrictive diabetes can feel. My brother has had juvenile diabetes since he was 4 so it's something we've always lived with. Praying for you during this transition...
My mom was diagnosed with early onset diabetes, and saw a dietician, changed her eating habits, etc...long story short, they removed the diagnosis. So, it can be done. And she just modified her sweeties :~) Splenda became her new best friend.
Hope it goes well for you :~)
Thanks Amanda...putting Splenda on my list :o)
Well, I think your personality is as sweet as sugar. Some sugar free candy is really good. I would buy it as a treat for some of my patients with diabetes and I usually ate some also.
I'm sorry, Kathy. Noone likes to get news like this! Praying you'll be able to manage it well.
Post a Comment