So as most of you who are in the adoption process know...it takes money to adopt :o) Then take that amount & multiple that times three minus a little for non duplication of some services, etc. & that still equals more money than we had at the beginning :o) but God has been faithful to provide what we needed when we needed it. As the time draws near for them to come home we are putting whatever we can toward the actual bringing them home such as 4 last minute airplane tickets(which are not cheap), hotel costs, etc. In so doing it has left us little "other" money. There are some things that would be nice to have or have done before they come home although they are not a necessity hence we haven't bought them or had them done.
I know that a lot of us have things laying around our house that we don't use anymore or don't need so I'm going to throw out "my list" in hopes that God will bless us with your "don't need or use anymore things." I'm also listing some services that someone may be able to bless us with as well. Thanks so much!
*** 4 bar stools 29 inches tall...color doesn't matter because there's not much I can't paint or recover
*** chocolate brown slip covers for a loveseat & sofa
*** 2-4 cherry wood or other dark color wood color or black display shelves
*** 2 wine type color lamp shades...one for a table lamp & one for a floor lamp
*** 4-8 patterned or textured accent pillows...half wine type color & half deep purple
*** regular size futon frame
*** round wood table big enough for at least 2 people to play games on but not big enough to "swallow up" the sitting area in front of the living room window
*** 2 Parson type chairs
*** one half to one gallon of exterior white paint
*** wood decking cleaner &/or sealer
*** boys room activity rug in bright or primary colors
*** girls room activity rug that would complement pink walls with purple, yellow, red, & lime green accents
*** simple plumbing services
*** simple electrical services
*** converting a gas dryer hook up to an electric one
*** removing a gas furnace
3 comments:
I'm praying you are blessed with some of these items Kathy!
I know what you are talking about though - I would like to paint my bathroom, but I do not want to spend money I could put towards the adoption on paint & primer...another day I guess.
Kathy I am SO proud of you for sharing this list. I know in the past it has been very hard for you to even let us know that you needed something. I will check it over and see if we can help in any way. Praying every need is met. Love ya, sis!!!
Thanks Stephanie & Brandy! :o)
Post a Comment