Monday, February 8, 2010

Everything & Nothing to say...

Some of you may think that my silence on my blog is due to my new found interest in Facebook but that is not true. Since the earthquake in Haiti on Jan. 12th I've had at least a gazillion thoughts running through my head. Sometimes my head would hurt from it. Sometimes I have felt like my heart was going to break into pieces. Sometimes I have felt like I was going throw up.

So I have been dealing with all of that plus the "drama" that has been going on in my family. I don't want to detail it here but it has been difficult. Then just when I thought I was coming up for air...I find out that a lady that I was just getting to know was in a terrible accident & is paralyzed. This shook me to the core for many reasons but I guess the main reason was pure selfishness as I keep thinking to myself, "That could have been me." Her & I have so much in common. We are both stay at home moms with 4 children. We're about the same age & we're both married to wonderful men named Randy.

So while I wrestle with all of my thoughts & feelings, I am not able to find the words to express them right now. I find comfort in God's Word & am letting His Word do the talking.

"O God, you are my God: I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you
in this parched & weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in your sanctuary & gazed upon your power & glory.
Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!
I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
I will praise you with songs of joy.
I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night.
Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely."
Psalm 63:1-8

4 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

I pray God comforts you today Kathy.

Kathy Cassel said...

Hugs & prayers.

angela said...

i'm so sorry for your friend and just how hard this first month of the year has been so far. the Lord gives us great comfort, though! how merciful.

CG said...

I'm sorry about your friend, Kathy. I hear you on the blog silence. Too much to process internally and then try to write it out is just not even fathomable. I can't do it either.