Monday, June 22, 2009

Week Six...

Well, once again I'm late on my weekly update :o) but I'm sure you all are very impressed that I even update at all anymore :o) Week six was overall very good which leads me to brace myself for a not so good week this week :o)

Shakira had a great week last week! She even went a day or two without soiling her pull ups during the day & I think she went one day without being put into time out.
One day while I was holding her & we were snuggling, I noticed that she had holes in her ears...as in pierced ears. I have no idea when that happen because she had just turned two when she was taken to the orphanage. So the other day I decided to see if the holes were still open...and they were...so she is now wearing ear rings. I thought for sure Phoebe would be all over that but so far she is not. Phoebe is not much into pain so I think we're good for awhile on the pierced ears thing. Shakira also did real well last week with her glasses. Today however, she decided to wear them upside down again...something that really makes my blood pressure go up :o)

Phoebe was a little whiny last week so I made sure that I gave her some extra one on one time & TLC. She is doing much better with trying to be patient & nice to Shakira. I bought her a dress fit for a princess for her to wear this coming Sunday for her siblings baptism. She's really excited about wearing it. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures or video of her in it.

Samara had a really good week except for her picky eating habits. It's pure torture watching her eat most vegetables.

Caleb was the one who had the most difficult week. He has a very deep rooted stubborn streak! If you tell him to sit...he stands. If you tell him to stand...he sits. If you tell him to sit "there"...he sits "here." And for some strange reason, the past two weeks he has developed a nap time phobia. He doesn't cry or pout at nap time...it's an all out very loud, screaming fit...that can last for two hours if you let it...yes I did... one day... just to see if it would stop on his own...he did not. So naptime is a real struggle every day right now but going to bed at night time isn't. Not sure what that's all about but hoping he gets over it soon! He's very smart. He's learning so many new words & wants to do everything himself...change his diaper, dress himself, put his body & hair oil on, his shoes on, etc. & he gets mad at you if you help him.

We're trying to go to story time at the library once a week & the kids really seem to enjoy it. We went to the pool several times last week. All of them like going to the pool. I took Phoebe & Samara to a Christian comedy show last Thursday night & they really enjoyed that.

I started exercising again & I am feeling better physically as well as my stress level is decreased. I had stopped for several weeks due to my back & then the kids came home & I just got side tracked. Randy works out almost every day after work at the hospital fitness center. We're looking forward to Randy's parents coming for a visit this weekend for the kids baptisms.

Things I've learned during week six:
1) Wearing white pants is really not a good idea anymore (Yeah, not sure why it
took me this long to figure that out :o)
2) Alcohol consumption goes up with the number of kids you have...so does chocolate
consumption :o)
3) Adult conversation is not over rated
4) You can get a discount if you buy Lysol by the case
5) People really like to stare at people who are different from them
6) True friends are priceless...yes, I knew that before...but I'm really
appreciating it more now.

6 comments:

angela said...

okay, those six things you learned in week six are hilarious!

i remember samara being a picky eater. hadn't thought about that in awhile! we are dealing with picky eater/crying napper syndrome here too!

rejoice in the Lord always! :)

Michelle said...

I'm very impressed with your updates! As you can see by my blog, I barely get a picture up. You rock, girl!

Miss you, friend!

Kathy Eden said...

Angela...I just don't understand the nap thing. I would pay someone to let me take a nap every day :o)

Michelle...I have 2 less children than you do so go easy on yourself :o) I miss you too!

Kristina said...

I understand the adult conversation part. I swear I talked my sister-in-laws ears off today!

Lara said...

Ha ha ha...I needed a good laugh this morning Kathy because I drank 2 glasses of wine last night and my head hurts! I hope, for your sake, Caleb settles down on the naps, but maybe he's one of those kids that just gives it up early. Zoe did that at age 2 and it was bye-bye nap time forever, no matter what I did. I ended up just having a "quiet" time in place of the nap time with soft music and laying on the couch.

You are doing so great - what an amazing adjustment you are all going through. I'm seeing the wisdom of needing to exercise - I just can't seem to actually DO the exercising :-)

Thanks for sharing your life with us. I love being able to read about your transition and the love in your family!

Gail said...

I totally laughed at the alcohol consumption going up... it's true. Jody calls the alcohol aisle the "child coping" aisle.. But with the serious need to lose a few pounds I need to be careful!!