Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stuck in my discomfort...

After talking to a few of my friends lately either in person or via comptuer, I've come to the realization that there must be a "cloud of dryness & reflection" hanging over us right now. I use to ignore my spiritual "dry spells" because I don't like feeling dry...it makes me uncomfortable. But as I continue to grow closer to God I know that these "dry places" can also be places of change & growth if I allow them to be. So for the past few weeks I have been reflecting on my life & God's plan for me. It's a good thing to do from time to time but it can get pretty deep with thoughts & feelings. Add to it that with the exception of a couple of days here & there it has either been freezing cold, ice, snowing, or raining since the middle of December = one very "interesting" Kathy. Randy & Phoebe deserve some sort of reward for having to deal with my hormones, SADD, & reflection time right now. So as I eagerly anticipate spring & the things it brings such as sunny, warmer days, & blooming flowers...I eagerly anticpate moving out of the dry desert into a land of green grass & gently flowing rivers.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I hear ya, sista! I realize the rain is needed for the earth to bear fruit, but COME ON! It doesn't help the mood swings when it is dreary, cold, and rainy.

"Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in, the sun shine in!"

Kathy Eden said...

I agree with you! I'm going to start building an ark :o)

tandtknox said...

I relate my friend, but you are right to realize they are growing times.
And, hear, hear for SPRING! NY still looks like dreary winter, but it will not stay winter forever...not weather wise or soul wise. I'll be praying for you!

angela said...

this winter cannot last forever! what a mighty God Who determines that we have seasons! there is a time for everything and He has perfect timing for bringing it about!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

I'm stuck right there with ya, Kathy! I am hoping the robins, warmer days and an April trip to TA's will get me un-stuck. Hang in there!

Hugs!
Colleen

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks everyone! Another day of rain. I've had shop vac duty in the ulitity room of our basement for two days now. It's suppose to be sunny tomorrow...please Lord...thanking you in advance! :o)

CG said...

Feelin' your pain, dear! Take heart. Today was the first day of spring. (at least on the calendar) You'll soon have your hands too full to do a lot of reflecting! I encourage you to seek Him, as I know you already are. He'll warm you better than sunshine & cocoa. Love, Cara